Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can quickly infest your property withing 48 hours, if a water source is available. Broken pipes, leaking roofs, seepage from excessive rains, or toilet line breaks can cause the moisture needed to create the perfect environment for mold growth. Mold can spread fast and cause large amounts of damage to your home or business. SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa can safely and effectively handle your mold problems no matter how big or how small. We have the knowledge, equipment and experience to remediate your mold infestation. Below are some tips to consider if you suspect mold in your home or business.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (815) 416-0075
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Morris / Ottawa for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Morris / Ottawa has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- South Ottawa