Summer Celebration Safety
The first things that come to mind when we think about summer are backyard barbecuing, fireworks and bonfires. Did you know that July is the peak month for grill fires?
SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa wishes you, your family and friends an enjoyable and safe summer. Below are a few tips to consider to help ensure your summer stays disaster free.
- Grills no matter if they are propane or charcoal should only be used outside.
- Grills should be placed away from any structures such as your home, garage or desk. Keep away from awnings and eaves of the home.
- Always keep your grill clean and empty grease trays from below the grill.
- When using charcoal ensure that the coals are completely cooled before disposal.
- Never leave a bonfire unattended and make sure it is in an area away from buildings and fences.
- Never use flammable liquids to start a bonfire and do not burn dangerous items such as paint, tires and aerosol cans.
- If using fireworks or someone nearby is always wear safety glasses.
- Never try to relight malfunctioning fireworks, and keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that do not go off.
If your property suffers from structural fire damage give us a call at (815)416-0075 to help make it "Like it never even happened."