Prepare for winter storms now
Did you know?
On average Illinois experiences 5 winter storms each year?
Nobody ever plans an emergency, so planning for an emergency is the way to go. Below are a few tips to help you prepare for winter weather.
- Make sure your emergency kit is stocked and winter storm ready.
- During winter weather conditions, use sand to improve traction and products to melt ice on the walkways.
- Have sufficient heating fuel
- Keep emergency heating equipment and fuel. Make sure you have enough to at least warm one room to livable conditions.
- Winterize your home. This can also help reduce your heating costs.
- If you do not have storm windows, cover windows in plastic.
- Do not overexert yourself of work outside for long periods of time.
To find all of these tips and more about preparedness visit Illinois.gov.
SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa wishes everyone a safe and warm winter and we are here to help with any fire and water restoration needs.