If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (815) 416-0075

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

E-Cigarette Fire Prevention

7/23/2021 (Permalink)

E-Cigarettes use a lithium ion battery to function. Because of this there is a risk of fire if the battery is not used properly. SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa has received a few home fire calls that started due to e-cigarette chargers, and because of this we would like to provide a few tips to help prevent a home fire due to e-cigarette chargers. 

E-cigarette fires generally occur when using a fake or faulty product or poor charging practices are used. 

To help reduce the risk of an e-cigarette fire do the following. 

1. Never let the device touch metal as it can cause a shirt circuit. 

2. Do not mix batteries and chargers. Make sure to use the charger designed specifically for your brand of device. 

3. Inspect the battery for damage often. 

4. Properly dispose of the product when you are done with it. 

While charging

1. Use the charger made specifically for your device. 

2. Do not charge overnight or when you are not around to monitor the charging of the device. 

3. Always unplug after the device is fully charged. 

4. Charge on a flat surface away from anything that can easily catch fire if something should happen. 

SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa is available 24 hours a day for emergencies. If you need us we are just a call away (815)416-0075. 

Other News

View Recent Posts