With winter quickly approaching, SERVPRO of Morris/Ottawa would like to provide a few tips to help keep you safer while walking around when ice is possible.
1. Wear snow boots or slip resistant footwear when possible.
2. Walk slowly. Take shorter steps and shuffle your feet.
3. Keep your hands free. Whenever possible try not to carry items or have your hands in your pockets. A helpful suggestions is to utilize a backpack during winter months when ice is possible.
4. Avoid uneven surfaces such as curbs as much as possible.
5. Use caution when entering and exiting your vehicle. Use the vehicle to hold on to if possible to reduce the risk of slipping.
6. Test an area with one foot before attempting to walk on a surface to determine if it is icy or not. Remember black ice cannot be seen.
7. Be attentive and use caution when entering your home or a business. Water may be on the floors which can make them slippery.